Youth Opportunities is pleased to release the 2017 Organisation Report.
2017 marked the 20th anniversary of the organisation and it was one of the biggest years to date!
- We graduated 631 students across 43 programs in 22 schools.
- We graduated a further 103 students through our online program, Thrive.
- W increased our reporting measures to include EPOCH, the adolescent measure of PERMA theory and the Kessler-10 (K-10) survey, which measures psychological distress and is used by the Australian Bureau Statistics in the National Survey of Mental Health and Wellbeing.
- EPOCH results indicated a 17% increase in overall wellbeing.
- K-10 results indicated a 60% reduction in the number of students at high risk of developing a mental health disorder.
- Our events in 2017 were once again, a standout. Our Charity Golf Day and Gala Dinner raised more than $140,000 combines and Stars in the Garden, hosted by Melanie and Robert Champion de Crespigny, raised in excess of $315,000.
- We launched a Scholarship Program, awarding 27 scholarships to further support graduates to achieve their career and study
- The Youth Opportunities management team and board delivered a three-year strategy to support growth and to achieve the vision and mission organisation.
Our successes in 2017 were thanks to our individual, community and business supporters who made sure we were able to reach as many young people as possible.
Read the report in full HERE.