Do you want to help young people lead and thrive in their lives? Join us at Youth Opportunities SA, where you will play an integral role in helping more of Australia’s youth to become personal leaders and increase their confidence, build resilience, purpose and motivation for themselves.
The Public Program Coordinator will be a member of the Youth Opportunities training team, working closely with the Community and Business Development Lead to develop, plan, coordinate and deliver our new and innovative online programs designed to engage young people aspiring to become their own personal leaders.
The right person for the role will have:
- Experience in program delivery, working participatively, co-producing and engaging with customers including young people, corporate partners, RTO’s and sporting clubs.
- Creativity and flexibility, with strong organisational skills and evidence of delivery to deadline.
- Experience and appetite to work with project plans to deliver, organise and deploy resources and tasks required for the efficient delivery of our online public programs.
- Ability to work alongside other teams within Youth Opportunities to ensure program deliverables are met.
- A commitment to promote and enable high levels of engagement, motivation, and a positive culture in line with our values, both within your team and across the organisation.
Personal Abilities / Aptitudes / Skills
- Evidence of practice that embodies personal leadership and commitment to a personal growth focus consistent with the Youth Opportunities ethos of personal empowerment and leadership.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, emotionally intelligent and empathetic.
- Verbal & written communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in program facilitation, coaching and mentoring techniques.
- Experience in a program coordination and or administration role.
- Confidence in using database and scheduling management systems and IT platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Forms, OneDrive.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting young people from a diverse range of backgrounds and environments.
Special Conditions: Essential Requirements
- Full Driver’s Licence and vehicle. This position may require out-of-hours work, and local and regional work as required.
- Successful clearance of a DCSI Child-Related Employment Screening.
- Current compliance with: Responding to Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care training.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Youth Mental Health certification.
- These essential requirements may be obtained once appointed.
Applications close on Friday 2 April 2021 – find out more about the role and apply on SEEK below.