Join our team at Youth Opportunities and help create life-changing opportunities for young people to thrive!
Payroll and Finance Administrator
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, part-time Accounts & Payroll Administrator who is skilled in handling financial operations, has an eye for detail and who wants to provide excellent service to our internal and external customers. This role is a mix of accounts receivable, accounts payable and end-to-end payroll using Xero. You need to be proactive, innovative, detailed, able to multi-task and take everyday challenges head-on with your high work ethics and can-do attitude.
• Processing of end-to-end fortnightly payroll in Xero for 50+ employees
• Understanding of SCHADS Award and employment law obligations i.e. Superannuation
• Month end and year end payroll reconciliations
• Preparation of Payroll reports for Management and Human Resources
• Processing of Accounts Payable invoices including correct account coding and authorizations
• Cash receipting and reconciliations
• Assisting with balance sheet reconciliations
• Preparation of Business Activity Statements
• Process improvement and other duties as required.
What you will bring to the role:
• Availability for immediate start preferable
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a similar role
• Solid experience in Xero Payroll
• Previous experience with SCHADS Award interpretation
• Previous experience with Accounts Payable and balance sheet reconciliations
• Exceptional attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
• Strong communication, collaboration, and consultation skills
• Experience in creating and maintaining policy and procedure documentation
• Ability to work both autonomously and as a team player, with discretion and confidentiality
Youth Opportunities is a not-for-profit organisation helping almost 15,000 young Australians take positive control of their lives. We are experiencing and positioning ourselves for a period of strong growth, no two days are the same and this role has potential to grow with you. Flexible hours working options are available for the right person.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please share your resume and cover letter via Seek. Eligible applicants must be a Permanent Resident or have legal rights to work in Australia. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 15 business days of their application. Any enquiries can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on 25 August 2023.
Your application will include the following questions:
• Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
• Do you have experience using Xero?
• What’s your expected annual base salary?
• How many years of bookkeeping and payroll experience do you have?
• How much notice are you required to give your current employer?